Friday 15 February 2013

Why do I just can’t stop eating?


Poor Brain Control lead to Weight Gain
 
There are four major brain chemical systems; the Catecholamine system, the Cholinergic system, the GABAergic system and the Serotonergic system. The primary brain chemicals in each of these systems are:
Dopamine
Acetylcholine
GABA
Serotonin

Let’s us talk about the GABA:

1.     Do you eat your food quickly?
2.     Do you feel moody when hungry?
3. Do you always snacking after having main meals?
4.     Do you found that you eat more than your friends?

These are the signs of food cravings. If yes, your brain may lack of GABA. Lacking of GABA prompt you to take more foods.

GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid)
It is non-essential amino acid which naturally produced by our brain to control eating, relax mind and mood. It acts as neurotransmitter to transfer the brain electrical signal of stomach fullness between neurons to reach our brains which control satiety.

·It increases the fat metabolism or fat burning.
·Reduce anxiety induced-food craving/Overeating by control
satiety-controlling areas of brain.
·It tells you when to stop eating & recognize when you are
full.





Your increasing waistline is the main indicator of deficiency of GABA!

Deficiency of GABA will leading to food addiction and weight gain. You don’t know when to stop eating as your food consumption is enough for your body.

When GABA is low, we feel emotional such irritable, nervous, tense and etc. We resolve our anxiety by eating excessive food. That’s called emotional eating.

  1. Caffeine is less effective on me                                            True/False
  2. I always have to take dessert after dinner or lunch.                 True/False
  3. I always eat the same types of food repeatedly.                      True/False
  4. I have food craving for bitter food.                                       True/False
  5. I lose my temper easily.                                                      True/False
  6. I feel nervous or irritated easily.                                             True/False
  7. I always unable to manage stress well.                                      True/False
  8. I often feel fatigued even when I have a good sleep.                  True/False
  9. I always overeating.                                                               True/False
  10. My friends always said I have a big appetite.                             True/False
  11. I don’t feel full if I eat same amount of food as my friends do.  True/False
  12. I eat food quickly.                                                              True/False
  13. I am easily irritated.                                                           True/False
  14. I am very suspicious.                                                           True/False
  15. I always believe my idea or thinking is superior.                       True/False
  16. I crave for carbohydrate foods.                                            True/False
  17. I crave for salty foods.                                                        True/False
  18. I don’t have other interest on any activities except eating.       True/False
  19. I find myself thinking same things over and over again.            True/False
  20. I have little energy to exercise.                                            True/False
  21. I have a thought of suicide.                                                 True/False
  22. I don’t feel meaning of life.                                                 True/False
  23. I found that I am not strong as I used to be.                           True/False

The most your answer is “yes”, the most probably you are deficient of GABA.


What you can do now is to take proper supplementation with GABA to balance your brain system. The suggested daily dose is 500 – 3000 mg GABA. Please take it within the suggested dosage to avoid any side effect of excessive supplementation.

Besides, you also can have more GABA in your diet, instead of taking supplementation. The examples of GABA food sources are almonds, rice bran, lentils, broccoli, spinach, citrus fruits, tree nuts, banana, brown rice, oat, whole wheat and green tea. Eating complex carbohydrates food sources increase glutamic acid which form glutamine which is the amino acid for production of GABA. Some bacteria in lactobacillus family synthesis GABA as byproduct when fermentating milk or soy such as tempeh (fermented soy).

No comments:

Post a Comment